Re: CAPTION element for OBJECT?

Chapman, Hass (hass.chapman@sebank.se)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:27 +0200

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:27 +0200
From: hass.chapman@sebank.se (Chapman, Hass)
To: jimw@numenor.turner.com, walter@natural-innovations.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: CAPTION element for OBJECT?

 ----------
>From: Jim Wise

>> Suggestion: replace "abuse" with "are forced to resort to using".

Or replace "abuse" with "have ingeneously come up with - e.g. using TABLES=20
to control layout (prior to CSS).

>Nonsense.  No one is forcing you to misuse HTML.

What is misuse? Using HTML in ways that were not the intention of those that=20=

formulated the DTD can be very useful and productive e.g. use of TABLES=20
(again).

> If you want pixel
>level control and graphical consistency, use a graphical format such as
>TIFF or PDF.  If you want platform independece and logical markup, use
>HTML.  If you want HTML with some level of control of visual rendering,
>use HTML with CSS.

Problem: Not everyone uses a browser that is CSS enabled.

}:-o
Regards
/Hass
08 - 63 93 644 (Work)
08 - 99 74 39 (Home)
070 - 66 46 180 (Mobile)

http://hass.home.ml.org
hass@bigfoot.com

"I may not agree with what you say but I will
fight until I die for your right to say it."
 - Voltaire (A very clever man)