IFRAME

Chapman, Hass (hass.chapman@sebank.se)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:58 +0200

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:58 +0200
From: hass.chapman@sebank.se (Chapman, Hass)
To: dsr@w3.org, roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: IFRAME

Question?
Quote from HTML 4.0 draft;

>The IFRAME element allows authors to insert a frame within a block of text.=20=

Inserting >an inline frame within a section of text is
>much like inserting an object via the OBJECT element: they both allow you=20
to insert >an HTML document in the middle of another,
>they may both be aligned with surrounding text, etc.

>The members of the W3C HTML working group feel that APPLET is a
>special case of the more general OBJECT tag, dedicated to one
>media type - Java. The suggestion is that APPLET be phased out
>in favor of OBJECT over a period of time. If/when that occurs
>APPLET may then be obsoleted in future versions of HTML. IMG on
>the other hand seems so firmly entrenched that it will stay around
>for a long long time and can be considered as a sugared syntax
>for OBJECT for use with images.

Why have IFRAME then? Why not just use OBJECT?
}:-o
Regards
/Hass
08 - 63 93 644 (Work)
08 - 99 74 39 (Home)
070 - 66 46 180 (Mobile)

http://hass.home.ml.org
hass@bigfoot.com

"I may not agree with what you say but I will
fight until I die for your right to say it."
 - Voltaire (A very clever man)