META and LINK (was Re: My humble comments on the HTML 4.0 draft)

At 3:21p -0400 07/09/97, Steve Cheng wrote:

 > 3. What are meta data profiles? The explanation in the specs isn't clear.
 >
 > 4. In the section: Links in HTML documents / Elements that define links, the
 > spec says:
 >
 >   Although LINK has no content, the relationships it define may be rendered
 >   by some user agents.

Hmm... this makes me think of a (new?) idea -- replace LINK with META.
After all, the usage of LINK is in a META sort of way, so why not just
use META tags instead? What document is previous, what document is next,
which document is a sibling, which document is a TOC, who is the author
-- these are all metadata, yes?