Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

jonathan wrote:

> speaking form the perspective of a very small fish in this pool, the
> removal of current HTML elements had best be VERY carefully considered and
> implamented.  i don't know if any of the decision makers would really care,
> but you could potentially have a lot of very pissed people out there if
> their pages all of the sudden didn't render anymore because they were using
> out-of-date code.

Let me clarify one important thing. Nobody ever said that deprecated
elements will no longer be supported by browser vendors. For sure I've
never heard anybody part of the HTML WG say something like this. Quite
on the contrary!
Since the very beginning of computer science backward compatibility has
been paramount. So I think you can keep relying on deprecated elements
being properly rendered for quite some time. Deprecating elements is a
way to push people to change their habits and better use the new
technology for the benefit of everyone.
--
Arnaud Le Hors - W3C, User Interface Domain - www.w3.org/People/Arnaud