Re: Handling of script attributes (was Re: HTML 4.0 draft

Jordan Reiter (jreiter@mail.slc.edu)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 04:12:25 -0400

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 04:12:25 -0400
To: scottm@danielson.co.uk (Scott Matthewman), <www-html@w3.org>
From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Subject: Re: Handling of script attributes (was Re: HTML 4.0 draft

At 8:00 AM -0000 7/9/97, Scott Matthewman wrote:
>Would this go any way to meeting your reservations? What it would then be
>doing would essentially split a fully-laden HTML document into three
>distinct sections:
>
>1) Main document, including text, graphics and hyperlinks
>2) Style sheet, governing presentational output
>3) Script, governing interactivity.
That's more like it.  This way there is a clear division between the
essence of the document (the HTML itself) and the visual and functional
extensions to the document.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]