Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

At 4:31 PM -0000 7/8/97, Scott Matthewman wrote:
>The overall emphasis is on separating *content* from *style* - and
>therefore, IMHO, deprecating as many attributes in this way is a good
>thing.
Why then (as Russell O'Connor has pointed out also) does this new
specification includes the onclick, etc. attributes?  The implications of
this are, in my opinion, somewhat more dubious.  Here we are getting into
the question of function and behavior, which I think is (to a certain
extent) wrong.  We have simultaneously a documentation which warns against
using style sheets to force paragraphs to render without whitespace
in-between (in order not to confuse users), but allows the use of
scripting, which can completely change the way that a browser works
(clicking on a link might open a new window, or turn the page black).
>"I don't envy you the headache you'll have in the morning. In the meantime,
>sleep well and dream of large women." -- The Princess Bride
yay!

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]