Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

Jordan Reiter wrote:
> I am somwhat bewildered by the sudden surge of "deprecated" attributes and
> tags.  I recognize that the existence of style sheets does make it possible
> to indicate the appearance of the web page, but I question the assumption
> that everyone has access to a browser that supports them; especially a
> browser that supports them correctly.

Deprecated attributes and elements[1] point where we want to be, not
where we are. If they could safely just "drop" them then they would have
done so. Instead they deprecated them to point the direction that
browsers and authors should be going.

 Paul Prescod

[1] The new spec. is quite clear that your usage of the word "tag" is
incorrect. It always was, but now it says so outright.