Re: Why style sheets

Chris Wilson (
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:19:56 -0800

From: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <>
To: "'Joel N. Weber II'" <>,
Cc: "''" <>
Subject: RE: Why style sheets
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:19:56 -0800

CSS allows you to put SGML comments inside your STYLE element, for
specifically this purpose.  E.g.,

<STYLE type="text/css">
H1 { color: blue } { text-indent: 12pt; color: indigo; font: 18pt serif; }

This should hide the contents of the <STYLE> element from any browser
that recognizes SGML comments.

Chris Wilson