Re: Very Basic Question

F. E. Potts (fepotts@fepco.com)
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 21:42:04 -0700

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 21:42:04 -0700
From: fepotts@fepco.com (F. E. Potts)
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: Very Basic Question

On 09 Jan 1997 12:20:09 -0800, Doug Darby asked:
> > Microsoft Internet Explorer has the BGSound, Netscape uses Embed,
> > etc.  However, is there a generic tag that I am missing somewhere?

On 9 Jan 1997 16:20:04 -0700, Peter Flynn answered:
> No, neither browser maker has thought it worth harmonizing this,
> because they firmly believe that each new element gives them a
> commercial edge over the other.

For some reason I keep longing for SGML on the web, and the ending of
this incessant idiocy.  Last time I looked, guess what UA company was
conspicuously absent from the XML working group?

-fep

--
http://www.fepco.com/
http://www.ajana.com/ (mirror)