Re: What's APPLET doing inside PRE?

Peter Flynn (
01 Jan 1997 21:49:06 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 01 Jan 1997 21:49:06 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <>
Subject: Re: What's APPLET doing inside PRE?

   Fine, then please suggest something else that the average HTML author
   should use. For many people, the only way to make sure they write
   valid HTML is to use a validator. I really can't write 1,200 documents
   without some way of automated syntax checking.

I appreciate your dilemma.

   To make this useful, the validator has to support the "latest"
   elements and attributes. I think that HTML 3.2 provides a good
   overview of what currently can be done, so that is why I recommend
   it as the HTML level to validate against.

I misunderstood you...I thought you were advocating 3.2 as the current
'most advanced state'.