WD-forms-970203 released [was: Enhancements to Forms - another loss??]

Simon Cox wrote:

> I recall back around the time of HTML 3.0 there was some
> discussion of enhancing the FORM interface.  Has this now
> been completely abandoned?

Nope.

I give you:

Design Issues for HTML
                   Forms

        W3C Working Draft 03-Feb-97

This version:
     http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-forms-970203
Latest Release:
     http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-html-forms
Editor:
     Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Author
     Scott Isaacs <scotti@microsoft.com>

Status of this document

This document is an intermediate draft produced by the W3C
HTML Working Group Board as part of the HTML Activity; it is
stable enough to be released for public comment (to
www-html@w3.org) but may change before approval as (part
of) a recommendation. Hence it should not be implemented as
part of a production system, but may be implemented on an
experimental basis.

This is a W3C Working Draft for review by W3C members and
other interested parties. It is a draft document and may be
updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time.
It is inappropriate to use W3C Working Drafts as reference
material or to cite them as other than "work in progress." A list
of current W3C technical reports can be found at
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR. Since working drafts are
subject to frequent change, you are advised to reference the
latter URL, rather than the URL for this working draft.

Abstract

     The HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a
     simple markup language used to create hypertext
     documents that are portable from one platform to
     another. HTML documents are SGML documents
     with generic semantics that are appropriate for
     representing information from a wide range of
     applications. This document reviews the design
     requirements for forms in hypertext documents and
     presents some possible directions for extending
     HTML 2.0 to meet these requirements. A phased
     implementation plan is proposed.

Dan