Re: footnotes

Steven Champeon (schampeo@hesketh.com)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:12:33 -0500

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:12:33 -0500
To: James Aylett <sja20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>,
From: Steven Champeon <schampeo@hesketh.com>
Subject: Re: footnotes

Maybe it's just me, but could we come up with a better way
to refer to footnotes than "footnotes"? It seems as though
the very idea of a footnote is metaphorically incompatible
with the ideas behind hypertext. Since many of the suggested
implementations have nothing to do with a "foot"-style
reference, and more to do with popup-oriented windows such
as are found in WinHelp, perhaps a new nomenclature is called
for? Any ideas?

Steve

--
Steven Champeon               | It is very dark. You are
Web Guru / Intranet Builder   | likely to be eaten by a grue.