Re: Re[2]: Auto-Generated HTML and Authoring Tools

Peter Flynn (
04 Feb 1997 00:46:24 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 04 Feb 1997 00:46:24 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Auto-Generated HTML and Authoring Tools

   Have a great flight!

   Our cgi-script parses through this, and supplies appropriate
   values for fromcity, tocity, etc.  The loop is repeated until
   all flights have been displayed.

   How would I do this with htmlscript?

Why would you want to bother sending all the data to the user to sort
out, at doubtless great annoyance to the user in time/bandwidth, and
have it loop in her cycles, when you can do it faster on your server
and consume less bandwidth?

From what I have seen, HTMLscript is a complete non-starter, as it
introduces unnecessary extra elements where carefully chosen PIs would
have done.