Re: Garbage

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
04 Feb 1997 00:31:35 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 04 Feb 1997 00:31:35 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: Garbage
To: www-html@w3.org

I wrote:
    > >Does anyone know what browser supports this garbage?

Markku replied:
    > Not garbage, nor HTML. It looks like MIME text/enriched or
    > text/richtext. Defined before HTML existed or about parallel to it,
    > but never really caught on.
and Walter:
   Good guess -- it is indeed text/enriched, as specified in RFC 1896.
   This style info is generated by Eudora Pro 3.0 (it can be turned off
   by the sender, by simply clicking a radio button in Settings...).

Good grief. All this and ms-tnef too :-)
I knew there was a good reason for not using Mac/PC mailers...

///Peter