Need info on Remote Scripting

Venkat (Venkatp@integratech.soft.net)
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 13:05:50 +0530

From: Venkat <Venkatp@integratech.soft.net>
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 13:05:50 +0530
Subject: Need info on Remote Scripting

Is there anyway for the browser to send a request to server but not to
receive an HTM in return ?

To be more clear - I am just trying to call a function which is nothing
but an ASP page that resides on server. The call is being made from a
client-side script function. But I find that every time a request is
sent to the server, the client is forced to receive an HTM page in
response.

Coming back to my question, "Can a browser send a request but not
anticipate an HTM page; OR not to display the response even if it
receives one. I heard of "remote scripting" but has no idea of how it
works.

My Webserver is IIS4; browser - IE4; all running on NT4.

Venkat