Re: C style macros in HTML

Neil St.Laurent (neil@bigpic.com)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:51:44 -0600

From: "Neil St.Laurent" <neil@bigpic.com>
To: Joe Rice <joe_rice@avid.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:51:44 -0600
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: C style macros in HTML

> bit tricky for some of the WYSIWYG editors but even there it could prove
> a boon.  And I believe it would actually simplify the coding of the
> "back end" of most CGIs..

True SGML documents would provide this capability, but it would still
be limited.

I personally believe this should be left to the client/server side
since it doesn't add anything fundamental to HTML, and file sizes are
of a only a tiny concern.

Consider checking out our product which allows for <$define> tags
which accomplish much more than simply macros:
<http://mortar.bigpic.com/>
 Mortar: Advanced Web Development      <http://mortar.bigpic.com/>
 Neil St.Laurent                     <mailto:stlaurent@bigpic.com>
 Big Picture Multimedia                            +1.403.265.8018