Re: HTML Streaming

> From: Albertfine@aol.com
[...]
> No, streaming basically means to view while downloading. Maybe you are
> thinking of push?
[...]
> I describe how a <p> tag would be streamed in an earlier post.

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't see how ANY changes to the <P> tag would
change a browsers ability to display that element while it was
downloading. Either you're in an environment where you know the width
the paragraph is going to have to wrap to, so any sane browser can
start drawing glyphs pretty much as soon as it sees a break character,
or you're NOT in such an environment, in which case you can't draw any
glyphs until you find out that width.

Possibly you're referring to starting to draw the element that follows
the <P> element, but I don't see that either. The vertical location of
that element is going to depend on the line width, various character
widths, and where the breaks are - most of which aren't known by the
HTML editor, but only by the browser.

Maybe you could choose a tag, and besides telling us what needs to be
added to make it stream, also show how a UA makes use of this new
information to display as it downloads where it cannot now.

	Thanx,
	<mike