Re: Award for most unreadable pages: Businessweek!

Rob (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:36:03 -0500

From: "Rob" <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>,
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:36:03 -0500
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Award for most unreadable pages: Businessweek!

Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com> wrote:

> I don't know how they accomplished it, but all the text was superimposed
> over itself -- absolutely impossible to decipher (short of doing a select
> all, copying, and pasting into a word processor).

If the style sheet sets the line-height, that could explain it's
unreadabiliy on IE3, which handles it buggily. Try Netscape or IE4
or disable style sheets.

Which is a caveat about CSS and any new technology on the web: if you
do something 'the right way' it may end up being worse than not using
it.

Rob

---
Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)