Re: keybind and softkeytype [Fwd: Requests to HTML4.0 draft]

Wayne Campbell (twaynec@pacbell.net)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:53:39 -0800

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:53:39 -0800
To: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>, www-html@w3.org
From: Wayne Campbell <twaynec@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: keybind and softkeytype [Fwd: Requests to HTML4.0 draft]

At 12:49 AM -0400 8/22/97, Jordan Reiter wrote:
>At 7:32 PM -0000 8/21/97, Wayne Campbell wrote:
>>This sounds reasonable to me. After all, keyboard-less devices are becoming
>>the wave of the future (I think).
>You mean I learned to touch-type for nothing?

Heh-heh. Maybe. Given the trend toward voice-operation and hand-less
controls, and if you've watched enough sci-fi, the trend is toward devices
that are hands-free. Which means no more typing at some point.

While I never got the hang of touch-typing, I'm not too slow, and I get the
job done. But even I will still want to use a keyboard for some things.
Just hope keyboards don't become obsolete. :)

Wayne

               Nick: TWayne or Wayne or WayneC
              Email: mailto:twaynec@pacbell.net
          Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/6088/