Re: How closed is the HTML 4.0 Draft?

Jordan Reiter (jreiter@mail.slc.edu)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 00:49:23 -0400

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 00:49:23 -0400
To: "Rob" <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>, www-html@w3.org
From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Subject: Re: How closed is the HTML 4.0 Draft?

At 10:06 PM -0000 8/21/97, Rob wrote:
>How 'closed' or 'final' is the HTML 4.0 Draft? Aside from
>imporvements and rewritings of the descriptions, what is the
>likelyhood that decent proposals for new attributes or elements will
>be incorporated in the official standard or recommendation?
>
>Some issues need some serious thought/discussion to be resolved (the
>ABBREV/ACORNYM/PERSON and dictionary, profiles, etc. needs
>work.)
>
>Rob
I personally think that a great deal of the arguments concerning ABBREV and
ACRONYM seemed to be arguments for argumentation's sake.  I don't see why
these elements, which may be useful but will not be very widely used, have
to be mulled over so viciously.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]