Re: More Microsoft abominations (was RE: Style Sheet Support)

Richard Irving (
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:11:34 -0700

From: "Richard Irving" <>
To: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <>, <>,
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:11:34 -0700
Subject: Re: More Microsoft abominations (was RE: Style Sheet Support)

 They're being used for the trademark symbol (tm) -- if they were to use
&trade; (as suggested) the symbol would not show up in a Netscape browser
(all the way through 4.02).   It would simply show the &trade; characters.
I would say this qualifies as a Netscape abomination!

So how would you suggest this problem be worked around, because I'm faced
with it myself.

Richard Irving
"If you torture a man long enough, he'll
tell you who started the Chicago fire. . .
But that doesn't necessarily make it so"