AW: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

Markus Peter (warpi@spin.de)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:43:29 +0200

From: "Markus Peter" <warpi@spin.de>
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: AW: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:43:29 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BCA0DC.645347C0

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Hiram Lester, Jr. <hwlester@pobox.com>
An: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no>
Cc: www-html@w3.org <www-html@w3.org>
Datum: Montag, 4. August 1997 10:28
Betreff: Re: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

>On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
>
>> It has become quite common to use some graphical dots in unumbered
>> lists. My university has begun using it in the graphical profile
>> (which is a profile I dislike) at http://www.uio.no/
>> I haven't been using it, but there are instances where it would be
>> allright I think to have. Therefore, I would like to propose a new =
tag
>> for <ul>, src (or img, imgsrc or something), so for example a list =
with
>> green dots could be  <ul src=3D"greendot.gif">.
>> Normal dots should be displayed before the dot is loaded, or by
>> non-graphical browsers. If the type-attribute is used, it would be =
the
>> alternate "text".=20

In my opinion stuff like that should be done with stylesheets - and they
already support this feature.
Markus Peter (Developer), SPiN GmbH
warpi@spin.de - http://www.spin.de
Java, Perl and Web Site Development=20

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BCA0DC.645347C0
	filename="Markus Peter.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Peter;Markus
FN:Markus Peter
ORG:SPiN GmbH
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49-941-9465939
TEL;WORK;FAX:+49-941-9465938
ADR;WORK:;;Heinrich-Heine Weg 21;Regensburg;;93051;Germany
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Heinrich-Heine Weg =
21=3D0D=3D0ARegensburg 93051=3D0D=3D0AGermany
URL:http://www.spin.de/
URL:http://www.spin.de/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:warpi@spin.de
END:VCARD