Re: Table Syntax (was Re: some more interesting effects ...

Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl' (WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 02:14:03 +0000

From: "Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl'" <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 02:14:03 +0000
Subject: Re: Table Syntax (was Re: some more interesting effects ...
CC: Simone Demmel <neko@greenie.muc.de>, www-html@w3.org

On 16 Apr 97 at 14:00, www-html@w3.org wrote:

> Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl' wrote:
> >
> > The table specs I've seen say there are no end tags for <tr> and
> > and to embed tables you'd use another <table>...</table>.
>
> Please cite a source for this misinformation, so that we can
> correct it.
>
> The </tr> tag is allowed, but optional:

Possibly my memory is faded or I remember an older, inaccurate
source.

-----
"The word to kill ain't dirty     | Robert Rothenburg (WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com)
 I used it in the last line       | http://www.asb.com/usr/wlkngowl/
 but use a short word for lovin'  | Se habla PGP:  Reply with the subject
 and dad you wind up doin' time." | 'send pgp-key' for my public key.