some more interesting effects - was: Re: colours for bullets

Simone Demmel (neko@greenie.muc.de)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:47:04 +0200

From: neko@greenie.muc.de (Simone Demmel)
Subject: some more interesting effects - was: Re: colours for bullets
To: davidp@earthlink.net (David Perrell)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:47:04 +0200
Cc: msftrncs@htcnet.com, www-html@w3.org

Hi,

David Perrell wrote:
> Really? Not for headings? Lists? Other paragraphs?
> And note that NSN treats embedded tables exactly the same as MSIE.

Oh, there are some other funny things too:

you can have:
anywhere</a>

If you use it like this the red part is only shown while NSN creates the
window, if it is finished the complete link gets the 'normal' color.

If you have a table around, it is colored always. exmpl:

Only tested with Netscape 3.01b9 under Linux.

I didn't find any hint in the Specification (for HTML) if it is allowed to
define another color in a link like this.

(testpage: http://greenie.muc.de/~neko/test.html)

BTW: correct Syntax for tables: The first <tr> should it be there, or
could it be left? I think it should be there, but I've seen so many
different implementations, so I'm a little bit confused.

neko
--
neko@greenie.muc.de 	  Simone Demmel		Muenchen (Germany)
Fax.: 089/354 59 80 		      http://greenie.muc.de/~neko/