DOM (Document Object Model) (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:44:53 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: DOM (Document Object Model) (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Kenneth Christiansen shaped the electrons to say...
>What is the DOM, please tell me what you know, and if you know
>some links to infos about it, please tell me them, too.

It is a (very) new W3C WG - they don't appear to have their own page up
yet.  I talked to several of the participants at WWW6 and Scott Isaacs from
MS was kind enough to demonstrate the MSIE reference implementation. It
is very powerful concept - but we're a ways from seeing a standard I expect.

Look at <URL:http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Activity#object> - the
Docuemnt Object Model blurb.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588