Re: colours for bullets

Liam Quinn (liam@htmlhelp.com)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:53:31 -0500

From: "Liam Quinn" <liam@htmlhelp.com>
To: coop2e82@nortel.ca (Christopher Kho), neko@greenie.muc.de (Simone Demmel)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:53:31 -0500
Subject: Re: colours for bullets
CC: sirilyan@dlcwest.com, www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org

On 15 Apr 97 at 10:14, Simone Demmel wrote:

> Christopher Kho wrote:
> > For leaner code? I would still like to see <LI COLOR> anyway, along with the
> > style sheet implementation so both can be used.
>
> In this case you must do it completely right and define:
> <LI COLOR="#" SIZE=""> or alternatively use images instead of Bullets:
> <LI img=""> or <LI src="pic.gif" alt=""..> and so on...

Don't forget about BACKGROUND and BGCOLOR and FONTFACE and
FONTSTYLE and TEXTDECORATION (we gotta have BLINK!)...

<LI COLOR="#rrggbb" SIZE=xx-large
BACKGROUND="http://www.htmlhelp.com/foo.gif" BGCOLOR="#rrggbb"
FONTFACE="'New Century Schoolbook', Times, serif" FONTSTYLE=italic
TEXTDECORATION=blink>

Now repeat that for each LI over an entire site of a few hundred
documents.  Then think about what happens when you decide a different
colour would have been better.  Then try to remember why style sheets
didn't seem incredibly easier and more flexible.

Liam Quinn
===============  http://www.htmlhelp.com/%7Eliam/  ===============