Re: A suggested tag

Jonathan Rosenne (rosenne@NetVision.net.il)
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 08:09:50 +0200

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 08:09:50 +0200
To: Ingo Macherius <Ingo.Macherius@tu-clausthal.de>
From: Jonathan Rosenne <rosenne@NetVision.net.il>
Subject: Re: A suggested tag
Cc: www-html@w3.org

At 23:35 11/04/97 +0200, Ingo Macherius wrote:
>| but since they can't even support justified text,=20
>| thinking about hyphenation is a bit premature.
>
>Isn=B4t hyphenation a way to properly justified documents ? IMHO first=
 there
>is hyphenation, then there is justification.

On the contrary, justification is first. In Hebrew there is justification
without hyphenation. I guess the same applies to Japanese, Chinese and many
other languages.

Furthermore, I prefer to disable hyphenation for English when the audience
is such that English is not their native language.

Jonathan