Re: Cougar Critique - style WD defined nonstandard HTTP header?

Dave Raggett (dsr@w3.org)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:05:28 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:05:28 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
cc: Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet <galactus@htmlhelp.com>, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Cougar Critique - style WD defined nonstandard HTTP header?

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Liam Quinn wrote:

> I don't see how two style sheet languages for inline style are
> possible.  (Granted, the use of so much inline style is questionable,
> but that doesn't make it wrong.)
>
> Similarly, I don't see how one can specify for which medium the
> inline style is intended, since the MEDIA attribute applies only to
> LINK and STYLE elements.

This is true, but not seen as a real problem. Inline styles are
indeed limited in their flexibility compared with linked styles
so you are advised to choose the approach best suited for your
situation.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +1 (617) 258 5741 fax: +1 (617) 258 5999
   World Wide Web Consortium, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139
   url = http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett