Re: "Mailto" Command

James E. LaBarre (jamesl@nrt.net)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:22:27 -0400

From: "James E. LaBarre" <jamesl@nrt.net>
To: "'WWW HTML List'" <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: RE: "Mailto" Command
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:22:27 -0400

You're forgetting all the users on ISPs, online services, etc. that do =
NOT have access to the server itself in order to *add* the sort of =
functions you want to restrict people to.  The most these people can =
manage is some sort of "mailto" as the only way to get responses from =
page visitors.

It's important to remember that the web is not just for megacorporations =
and big dollar organizations.  There are a lot of local groups and =
individuals publishing on the web, and some consideration needs to be =
made there.