Re: ISO and HTML

Ingo Macherius wrote:

> My feeling about markup languages is: If something could be done as attribute
> or tag, do it as tag.

Why?

> In Cougar the number of unique attributes is already
> higher than the number of unique tags. Other hypermedia markup languages
> (docbook, tei, ...) have a ratio of something like 2-3 unique tags to 1 unique
> attribute.

So, we could have tag SMALL that is specifically invented for the purpose
of changing font properties. Or we could have SIZE attribute in almost
all other tags. Suppose I need to make a table with somewhat smaller
font. With SMALL (new tag) approach, I need to open and close SMALL in
every TD. With SIZE in TABLE tag, I need only write <TABLE SIZE="-1">.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.