Re: ISO and HTML

Jukka Korpela wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > ISO HTML is not for the people who who are confused about HTML 2.0, 3.0
> > etc. ISO HTML is for the corporations and governments - -
>
> Really? Does it say so? It is really beneficial for the World Wide Web
> community to have a different standard for corporations and governments
> than for the rest of us?

Of course it isn't, and I don't think the corporations or govts want this
either. In my previous job, working for a very large public sector
organization in England, I found that they became increasingly willing to
accept products based on "publically available" specifications like Internet
RFCs and even W3C recommendations.

So willing were they to accept W3C recommendations, that they even joined the
W3C :-)

Chris