Re: Netscape and Standards [Was: %flow and headers and address]

murray@spyglass.com (Murray Altheim) wrote:
>This just goes to show that being in charge of a large company doesn't make
>your opinions any more or less right or wrong; it just gives one an
>audience. Too bad he's in charge. If he wasn't so inlined with the bottom
>line of his company and thought a little about the future he was helping
>shape, he might have a little more foresight. He has been given the
>opportunity to create something truly great and important, and he's blowing
>it. Think fifty years into the future, Jim.

	Call me a dreamer, but I think a modular DTD for the future
and an HTMLPlus_EVERYTHINGNewerThat'sWorkableConsumer's.DTD for now,
is more likely to bring about a level playing field and correct the
wrong turns of the past two years, than is the opposite approach
reflected in the Wilbur DTD and carjacking (One can "corner the
market" and consequently dominate arbitrarily for only so long! 8-).

				Fote