Re: Meta - Resource-type tagging

Tom Magliery <mag@sdgmail.ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>> > Lynx uses <link rel=made ...> and MSIE 3 uses <link rel=stylesheet ...>
>> > so there are certainly some implementations around!
>>
>> Amaya implements <link rel=STYLESHEET (but will not recognize <link
>> rel=stylesheet - it took me a while to figure out why my stylesheets
>> wouldn't get loaded in Amaya...Amaya is case sensitive). At least one
>> variant of Mosaic for X adds buttons to the navigation bar for rel=XXXX in
>> general.
>
>So do Mosaic for Windows and Mac.  Mac Mosaic actually did it first;
>it's been well over a year now.

	Hi Tom!

	Just to complete this account, Lynx implemented <link rel=made ...>
(with owner as a synonym) many, many years ago, when it was a HYPEREZ
client, and the WWW what just a "good idea".  Lynx used it with mailto
hrefs, before there was any RFC describing URLs.  Lynx 2.5 and 2.6 also
support all the rel tokens in the HTML 3.0 draft for creating banner
links, and create banner links for them, as do EmacWWW and UdiWWW, I
believe.

	Of course, the current meaning for "no browser supports ..."
perhaps makes this information irrelevant. :) :) :)

				Fote