RE: The Final Word On HTML

At 02:49 PM 9/25/96 CDT, Jason O'Brien wrote:
-- the
>point of the Internet was for one standard -- HTML needs to be that
>standard -- it certainly has the capability to do so.

The Internet is based upon, has always been based upon, and will always be
based upon hundreds of standards. HTML is one very small part of the Web
equation. I see nothing wrong with a Web in which significant portions of
the data are based upon a downloadable-executable paradigm. HTML is a markup
language for _text_ and hyperlinks. Everything else should probably go in
other file formats standardized by other organizations.

 Paul Prescod