Re: Putting default text into a TEXTAREA

| From: levitte@lp.se
| To: pam@lampinc.com <MX@>
| Cc: www-html@w3.org
| Subject: Re: Putting default text into a TEXTAREA
| Date: Monday, September 23, 1996 7:32 AM
|
| >Is there any way to give a browser user a way to edit text that is
more than
| >one line long?  The TEXTAREA tag does not support VALUE=, and INPUT
| >with TYPE=TEXT is limited to 1 line.
|
| Is the foillowing enough of a hint?
|
| <textarea name=test rows=4 cols=50>Text to edit</textarea>

... while on this subject ...

What would be nice is to know the limits...  from what I can tell
netscape and MSIE only support about 32k of text... and then they have
no way of limiting the number of characters or lines used in the text
area, or limiting the length of lines...  any proposals ever been made
in this area...?