Re: Microsoft proposes a new standard ??

Stephanos Piperoglou (
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 20:47:30 +0300 (EET DST)

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 20:47:30 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Stephanos Piperoglou <>
To: Kay Martha Quittan <>
Subject: Re: Microsoft proposes a new standard ??

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Kay Martha Quittan wrote:

> Using HTML objects, a Web page could, for example, dynamically change its
entire layout, including fonts, colors, and styles, when a user clicks on a
radio button. Web pages can do this now, but only by downloading an entirely
new page from a server or by activating Java or ActiveX programs.

Is someone confusing objects with stylesheets here?

> "You clearly can do that with ActiveX today, but that's a fairly heavy
solution," Roskill said. "You have a fairly large chunk of code to
download." >

Add: "And will only work on 32-bit Windows platforms running Microsoft

 If my opinions were my employers', they'd be pretty wierd opinions.
         Stephanos Piperoglou <*>
"I want peace on earth and good will toward man"
"We're the United States Government, we don't do that sort of thing!"
                              - Whistler and Abbot from `Sneakers'

                                            ....oof porothika! (tm)