Re: Color Palette Incompatibilities

Imagination's End (I.End@bigpic.com)
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 08:20:51 -0600

From: "Imagination's End" <I.End@bigpic.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 08:20:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Color Palette Incompatibilities

> However, I think that you will find the majority of people who are
> doing the design work for HTML are much more familiar with print
> colorspaces than the typical person.  So biasing the standard to
> these people is more approprate than a Windows developer.

I'm not sure that comment is valid.  For we don't bias HTML towards
publishers.  I don't think a color specificaiton should fall either
way.  I personally believe that some other method of specifying
colors should be used.   RGB is better than CMY, for it represents a
great range of colors, but possibly we should be using L*a*b which is
more independant and represents an even greater range of colors.
 ____
/