Re: Frames and Documents (fwd)

Sunil Mishra (smishra@cc.gatech.edu)
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 16:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 16:57:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sunil Mishra <smishra@cc.gatech.edu>
To: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: Frames and Documents (fwd)

\\ At 05:10 PM 9/7/96 +0300, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
\\ >gave me this document, scrolled to position with NAME "part03", and
\\ >optionally gave me some navigation bars or logos or whatever, then I could
\\ >live with it. But if these where in seperate documents, how would a
\\ >non-frame aware browser display them? Not at all, I guess, and give me this
\\ >document with no way of knowing where it came from, where the TOC is and so
\\ >on. THAT'S why we need all the frames in *one* document.
\\
\\ A document section would link to its TOC using <LINK>. Once the TOC is
\\ loaded the frames can be set up according to its style sheet.
\\
\\  Paul Prescod

I think that's a pretty arbitrary use of rel=toc (assuming that's what you
mean). Perhaps calling the framed page a parent or simply using
rev=sub-frame would make more sense?

Sunil