Re: Color Palette Incompatibilities

David Koblas wrote:

> I just came across this table today and noticed a nit.
>
> CMY colorspace and RGB color space have a very simple translation
> 	[C,M,Y] = [1-R, 1-G, 1-B] (0..1 color values)
> between them.  The 16 widely know colors rename two of these colors.
> 	Fuchsia == Magenta
> 	Aqua    == Cyan
> This makes very little sense to me.

Magenta & Cyan are the standard names for these colours.  Quite why
people (Microsoft?) felt it necessary to rename them is a mystery.
Fuchsia is extremely vague (fuchsias come in a variety of colours).

--
Stewart Brodie, Electronics & Computer Science, Southampton University.
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~snb94r/      http://delenn.ecs.soton.ac.uk/