Re: backgrounds

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 17:33:25 -0700

From: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: backgrounds
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 17:33:25 -0700

Abigail wrote:
> But isn't 'animated gif' an implementation issue, and not
> an HTML/stylesheet issue?

If it's to be implemented. Many of the responders considered it in a
less objective light.

IMHO, the list should be focused, but not get tunnel vision. There
are issues outside of HTML that determine its future, and
implementers are very much in evidence here. I hope the occasional
fringe topic and emotional outburst will continue to be tolerated.

(I also hope that those responding to Greg Smith's proposal will
re-subject their messages so this thread can die.)

David

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, would you like to drive?"