Re: My Friday-Before-Labor-Day Diatribe [Was: Frame document structure]

murray@spyglass.com (Murray Altheim) wrote:
>[...]
>The Web is a victim of the same obsession with appearance that erodes the
>value we place on true content. An order of magnitude greater effort has
>been spent on getting the "look" right, rather than concerning ourselves
>with the structure of online knowledge and information. It's as if our
>browsers and documents were busy getting breast implants and liposuction,
>rather than concentrating on improving their content, personality, utility,
>wisdom.
>
>How can we expect the Web to function as a repository of human knowledge,
>our future libraries (rather than simply another advertising landscape), if
>an online encyclopedia looks the same structurally as Babes on the Web?
>
>Rather than spending so much energy on trying to make our screens jump,
>spin and bark, lets all demand greater tools, a greater concentration on
                         ^^^^^^
>document quality, integrity and longevity, and markup languages to support
>it.

	Where should these demands be filed, once the IETF HTML-WG
closes out, and the IETF, with its fully public review and standarization
procedures, and it's unamibuous provisions for "change control", ceases
its direct involvement in the development and standardization of HyperText
Markup Language?

				Fote