access to web by email (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: access to web by email (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 03:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Murali Srinivasan shaped the electrons to say...
>When do you think access to web by email will be available ?
>or Is it already there ?

I can't see that being at all usable.  I've tried a simple *FTP* via email
gateway and it was a HUGE pain in the ass.  It was orders of magnitude
harder than regular FTP.  And the WWW is far less strictly organized than
an FTP site.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566
See me in person: Internet Expo, Boston, MA, October 16-17, Booth 422 ;-)