Re: backgrounds (fwd)

MegaZone (
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 02:58:01 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: backgrounds (fwd)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 02:58:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>

Once upon a time Greg A. Smith shaped the electrons to say...
>Unfortunately, people are too busy discussing animated gifs, digital
>telephony and multi-media to pay much attention to the absence of
>this essential element.

I think the issue is your 'essential element' is not essential to the
rest of us.  Personally I don't have a use for it, but I do have as use
for Frames.  We've used it internally on a couple of pages, but not
externally as it isn't a standard yet.

>Would someone please read and comment on my proposal for a
>multi-column SELECT element?

I thought it looked good.  Question:
What happens if someone puts the wrong number of MD's on an OPTION,
what should the user agent do in that case?  I'd say right full with
null fields.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566
See me in person: Internet Expo, Boston, MA, October 16-17, Booth 422 ;-)