Re: STYLE & SCRIPT

At 03:42 PM 10/29/96 +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
>   > What's NATURALSIZEFLAG supposed to _do_, anyway?
>
>   I'm not positive, but I think it is a marker for the editor to
>   indicate whether the WIDTH and HEIGHT attributes are the "NATURALSIZE"
>   of the image or whether the author is using them to scale the image.
>
>Interesting idea. But if the natural size is required, why bother to
>give the dimensions at all?
>
>And what if I want the image distorted by making it wider than natural
>but keeping the same height?
>
>Sometimes I think these so-called "editors" are written by people who
>have heard an editor described, but who have never actually seen one.

The point is that the NATURALSIZE attribute is an instruction to the editor
for when the user edits the document AGAIN. Nobody else is supposed to care
about it.

 Paul Prescod
---
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!  http://www.web.apc.org/embargo/shell.htm

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.
http://www.goldmanprize.org/goldman/ken.html