Re: <IMAGE>? <TT> == <I>? toHell(NS)

Carl Morris wrote:
> ERROR... :)  I would hope that instead of guessing, logic would be
> applied, and the simplest way out would be taken, since the <TT> is
> inside the <I>, and the <I> has now been closed, logic says "there is
> no way to leave the <TT> open...  but this would not be the first
thing
> that followed logic...

Logic says there is no way to leave TT open? Is it written in a DTD
that "TT must look precisely like output from a teletypewriter, which
has no italic, bold or underline capabilities"? Which monospaced font
to use with TT is left to the browser; if that font is Courier and has
an italic form, is it logical to make unneeded dictates about whether
or not an author is *allowed* to specify it?

Logically, the tool serves the user, not vice versa.

David Perrell