Re: Spyglass HTML Validator

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
27 Oct 1996 17:24:43 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 27 Oct 1996 17:24:43 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: Spyglass HTML Validator
To: galactus@htmlhelp.com (ArnoudEngelfriet)
Cc: www-html@w3.org

   Hm, that begs an interesting question.. is the value for HREF in

   <A HREF="/cgi-bin/myscript?foo=bar&baz=quug">My script</A>

   legal? Using my reasoning above, there's actually an entity "baz"
   after the string "foo=bar" which does not exist...

This was done to death on html-wg recently. Even more interesting:

(given the level of parsing in use by most browsers and servers...:-)
I've already had one client in a bad tangle with a page which
generated quotations for his product: he used quot as the fieldname...

///Peter