Re: The Netscape / Microsoft / Future Quagmire

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker (levitte@lp.se)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 19:30:12 MET DST

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 19:30:12 MET DST
From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte@lp.se>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: The Netscape / Microsoft / Future Quagmire

From: Rick Maas <rick@whooya.com>

   - you're either a leader or a laggard.  If you want your soothing
   default grey or white background, cool for you.  I don't think that is

*giggle*  The background is not really up to me as an author.  It's up
to the viewer, and how he sets up his browser.

   where the *web* is headed.  Heck, we might as well bag CSS while we're
   at it - it appears much too fancy and nobody wants to get the purists
   angry.

CSS is a good way to go if you want to get the layout straight without
getting in the way of those who don't support it yet.  Even frames, as
I understand it, get support in CSS, by specifying separatelly which
paragraphs go where.  (I haven't checked on the correctness of this,
sorry)

--
R Levitte, Levitte Programming; Spannvägen 38, I; S-161 43  Bromma; SWEDEN
                  Tel: +46-8-26 52 47;  No fax right now