RE: Question: implementing a HTML

At 3:12p -0500 10/21/96, Jason O'Brien wrote:
>Depends on the server -- the server can be set up to recognize any file
>as the main file -- safest bet is labeling it as "index.html" or
>"index.htm" -- this is pretty much standard --
>
> ----------

As Jason said, it depends on the server. For Microsoft's server, it is
"default.htm"; usually it is "index.html" though. BTW, your web browser
will probably not know for local files (my Netscape just shows a directory
listing when I give it a path to a local folder).

You also should make a point to NEVER use "c:\" notation in a URL, even for
local use. It's a very bad habit. URLs use *forward* slashes only. If you
go to File->Open... in Navigator and select the file, Navigator's location
textbox at the top of the window should show you a proper URL for your local
file. Get in the habit of "file:///c/html/test.html" or whatever it happens
to be on your PC. Do NOT use backslashes in a URL.