Re: Standards

Jason O'Brien (jaobrien@fttnet.com)
Mon, 21 Oct 96 15:37:00 CDT

From: "Jason O'Brien" <jaobrien@fttnet.com>
To: "'www'" <www-html-request@w3.org>, "'www_list'" <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Standards
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 96 15:37:00 CDT

>>When you put your foot down and tell the "big guys" that you're more
>>interested in standards compliance than the latest flash-`n-glitz.

                                                -sbigham

EXACTLY!   But it can't just be lone consumer out there doing this --
besides, consumers out there are more interested in glitz (what do they
care if there are agreed upon HTML standards)  -- that's what I thought
the purpose of this group was -- to put THEIR collective foot down and
demand standards compliance -- what is being done in this regard?  This
is the real issue I have been trying to get at for the longest time...

Jason O'Brien
jaobrien@fttnet.com

Written with a smile...
(Just an interesting observation from those who criticize me for
promoting that appearance as at least as important as content -- funny
that your e-mail signatures sometimes take up more than half your e-mail,
with cute little designs like :--))) and all that fun stuff -- isn't this
also frivolous and unnecessary and only get in the way of your
message???????? Something to ponder....)