BANNER and Cougar

Subir Grewal (grewals@acf2.NYU.EDU)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 17:24:25 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 17:24:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Subir Grewal <grewals@acf2.NYU.EDU>
To: HTML Discussion List <>
Subject: BANNER and Cougar

So I was perusing the Cougar DTD because I needed a doctype for a document
in which I was going to use both OBJECT and BANNER.
<URL:> (really wish the
W3C would get rid of their case-sensitive server)

I find that BANNER is left out of the experimental DTD.  I think it's a
shame because it was a useful tag (and does what most people are using
frames for, a non-scrolling toolbar/banner) and I've used it elsewhere.
Can anyone tell me why it was left out?

I guess I'm either going to have my document be "unvalidatable" or have to
use FIG instead of OBJECT or have to drop BANNER.  Neither of the trade
offs are appealing. * PGP * Blue-Ribbon * Lynx 2.6 * comp.advocacy@NYU
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in
praise of intelligence.
		-- Bertrand Russell